INFORMATION NOTE ON PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
As Vestel Ventures Ar-Ge A.Ş. (“Zorlu Ventures”), we take utmost care to protect and safeguard your personal data. In this context, we want to enlighten and inform you in the most transparent way regarding the processing of your personal data as the data controller in accordance with the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 (“Law”) which regulates primarily the protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of persons, especially the secrecy of private life and the protection of personal data.
Your personal data is processed in accordance with Articles 5 and 6 of the Law for the purposes of improving your ideas, making your ideas more efficient, determining the suitability of your ideas for investment and their investment value, identifying and protecting your intellectual and industrial property rights such as brands and patents etc., developing the product, acquiring certifications, supporting your venture for sales, marketing, customer relations, making your venture ready to operate in the market, supporting attendance to national and international fairs, purchasing company shares belonging to your venture if it is deemed appropriate, providing legal and commercial security of the persons who are in contact with Zorlu Ventures, conducting the necessary operational activities by Zorlu Ventures.
Third Parties the Personal Data is Transferred to and Purposes of Transfer
In accordance with the purposes outlined in this information note, and in accordance with the 8th and 9th Articles of the Law, your personal data may be transferred to Zorlu Holding A.Ş. (“Zorlu”), Zorlu group companies in Turkey and abroad, subsidiaries, our shareholders, business partners, suppliers, authorized public institutions and private persons.
Methods for Collection of Personal Data and Related Legal Reasons
Your personal data can be collected by Zorlu Ventures using automated or non-automated methods in all kinds of written, oral and electronic media or via website etc. for the purposes specified in this information note. Your personal data may be processed and transmitted for the personal data processing requirements and purposes set forth in Articles 5 and 6 of the Law and in this personal data processing information note.
Personal Data Retention Time
Zorlu Ventures will keep personal data for the period required by the purposes stated in this information note. In addition, Zorlu Ventures may, in the event of any dispute with the data owner, keep personal data for a period of time specified in accordance with the relevant legislation, limited to the extent necessary for the defense of the dispute.
Measures and Commitments Related to Data Security
Zorlu Ventures commits to take the necessary technical and administrative measures and to make the necessary audits to guarantee the appropriate level of security in order to ensure:
- that personal data are not processed unlawfully,
- that personal data are not accessed unlawfully and
- that personal data are kept confidential.
Personal data obtained by Zorlu Ventures will not be used or disclosed to third parties any case other than legal necessity and processing purposes stated in this information note.
Your Rights Under the Law
As per Article 11 of the Law, as data subjects you are entitled to;
- Learn whether or not your personal data are being processed,
- Request further information if your personal data have been processed,
- Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether or not data are being processed in compliance with such purpose,
- Learn the third party recipients to whom your personal data are disclosed within the country and abroad,
- Request rectification of processed personal data which is incomplete or inaccurate request notification of third parties to whom your personal data are disclosed, about such process,
- Request erasure or destruction of data in case the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which the personal data was collected, despite being processed in line with the Law or any other related law and request notification of third parties to whom your personal data are disclosed, about such process,
- Object to unfavorable results of analysis of processed personal data solely by automatic means,
- Demand compensation for damages suffered as a result of an unlawful processing operation.
In case, as data subjects, youcommunicate your requests regarding your rights in writing to Levent 199, Büyükdere Cad. No:199 34394 Şişli/İstanbul address, via secure electronic signature, mobile signature or electronic mail address that you have previously notified and registered in our systems to ………, Zorlu Ventures will evaluate and conclude your request within 30 (thirty) days.
The request made by the data subject should include the name, surname of the data subject, signature if the request is in writing, Republic of Turkey identity number, passport number or identity number and nationality, if it is a foreign national, residence or business address, e-mail address if it is the notification address, telephone number and fax number along with the nature of the request. Written responses up to ten pages will not be charged and in case the response is longer than ten pages Zorlu Ventures reserves the right to charge a fee based on the tariff determined by the Personal Data Protection Authority. If the application is submitted in a recording medium such as CD or flash memory, Zorlu Ventures may charge the fee for the recording medium from the data holder.
Changes in the information note
Zorlu Ventures may change the provisions contained in this information note at any time by publishing. The amendments made by Zorlu Ventures shall become effective on the date of publication.